Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rhino Etiquette: Rule #1


OK. There's one in every class. That bad apple that spoils the bushel or barrel or whatever container you choose to put them in.
It seems that it is necessary to create some ground rules. However, I can only think of one, so we will begin with a ground rule:
#1. Thou Shall Not Manhandle the Rhino
Further explanation of Rule #1. Do not hang on the rhino. I'm not sure if he can bear the repeated weight load from people hanging from its tail joint. It looks sturdy you say, but he is well over 100 years old. Not to mention how disagreeable the photo is. Let's keep it tasteful.
Remember, we only want it to appear as if our head is... well you know.
Now some of you may protest that Jeff placed his hand clearly on the Rhino hind leg initially and then repeated this pose 10 years later. This is perfectly acceptable and does not conflict with Rule #1. You can place your hand(s) on the rhino. Heck, next time I see him, I'm gonna hug him for the guy who hung from his tail.


1 comment:

Alex Tebben said...

In the Musee Carnavalet there is a painting of the Rhino in the snow at the Palais du Trocadero. I saw the painting my first time in Paris, and spent my second trip trying to track him down.